It's for a close friend of mine's band, based here in Florida. It's definitely not my best design work, but I still like it enough that I didn't bother changing any of the overall design/layout when I rebuilt it.
Before the rebuild:
-Had a phpBB2 forum
-Lots of content for the site was pulled from forum posts
-None of the pages were w3c xhtml valid
-Reeeeeally messing html and php coding
-Site used multiple iframes
-Wasn't too friendly with IE
-Each page was a static page (page.php or page.html)
After the rebuild:
-Upgraded to PHP5
-Site now utilizes Smarty template engine
-Ditched the forum
-Looks great in FF, IE and Safari. Haven't seen it in Opera yet.
-Ditched most of the original design structure and simplified/cleaned it up
-Wrote my own news script and system for "index.php?page" url's
-Installed the supercool ImageVuex Flash gallery
-Built an admin section for band members to add/edit/delete content from their browsers
-All pages except 2 are w3c xhtml valid (other 2 will be fixed soon)
Still to do:
-Fix validation issues on 2 pages
-Add more security into coding
-Finish writing a small & simple but secure online store to sell CDs and shirts
-Prob 1 or 2 things I'm forgetting.
I still have a lot to learn with regards to PHP, but I like using little side-projects like this as a way to put what I'm learning to use and practice my coding. Was my first time using the Smarty engine and I really didn't use it to its full potential. I still thought it was pretty cool though. =) Before I started going full-on with the rebuild, and this is something I do before I begin construction on every site I work on, I recoded the overall layout in a single html file on my computer. Basically, I do this as a final design stage before constructing, after I finish drawing out the site design in PS.