TypesAccording to Leslie Bonci, a diet consultant for the Pittsburgh Steelers and the director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Washington Redskins Jerseys the diet for a football player during the season should consist of 55 to 60 percent carbohydrates, 15 percent protein and 30 percent fat. This split allows for maximum energy during practice and games, while still helping players retain muscle mass. During the off-season, if the intent of the player is to build muscle mass, increase the amount of protein to 0.8 g for every 1 lb. of body weight, according to the latest United States Department of Agriculture daily dietary recommendations for muscle gain.
SizeThe size of the meals custom Redskins jerseys do not vary greatly with the exception of one two-week period. This two-week period is called training camp--otherwise known as "two-a-days"--in which there are two full-length practices every day for two weeks straight. During this time, players may require as much as 10,000 calories just to complete the second practice each day. Otherwise, a football player often eats however many calories are necessary to promote optimum body energy, which differs based on that person's activity level on the field and current metabolic rate.
EffectsWhen the body needs energy for exercising, it burns calories. During extended vigorous exercise sessions, up to 85 percent of these calories can come from carbohydrates, with the remaining 15 percent coming from fats. Football http://www.2012redskinsforsale.com players require extreme amounts of carbohydrates in order to fuel their bodies with as much energy as possible every day. Post-exercise, players load up on protein and carbohydrates to promote muscle recovery. Approximately 6 g of protein and 35 g of carbohydrates make up the standard post-practice or post-game muscle-recovery meal.
FluidsFootball players drink an extremely large amount of fluids throughout the day. The physical demands of playing football often leave them depleted of fluids after just a few minutes. Players often drink several gallons of water per day, especially during the two-week training camp regimen. During one day of training camp, players may lose as many as 5 lbs. in water weight. To replenish this lost weight, they have to slowly drink as much as 120 oz. of fluid post-practice, just 8 oz. youth Redskins jerseys short of a full gallon. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Moreover, we do not select every advertiser or advertisement that appears on the web site-many of the advertisements are served by third party advertising companies.