name your thread [example] seeking mentoring in php (name it after what language you need mentoring in).
2. - explaining in detail why it would benefit you
3. - your current skills
4. - future intentions
5. - why you want to be a skilled coder
6. - contact details
7. - don't forget that if the person mentoring you finds you
slaking and just asking him/her questions
without using the resource of the forum and www.google.com before asking,
he/she has the right to stop mentoring you. (we only ask by mentor's to give a reason why, in a detailed pm or post in the thread.
8. - mentors only help you when you have a big problem or
recommend ways to learn better and tips & tricks.
9. - don't request your mentors to code for you.
10. - don't request your mentors via pm, Only
the use of mentor's thread is allowed then after you have been accepted by the mentor then you may
communicate how ever you want.
(new)11. If you for some reason can not be a mentor anymore
you can put your mentor thread on hold, by posting a post,
in your thread, with an example of statement: Not able to mentor, Hold set for, 20 days, 30 days, etc.
the rules might change or we decided to add a,
new rule so be sure to check back on a regular basis.