I'm sorry... this happened a while ago, but I need to rant about something. I tried complaining about Microsoft, but it was too long. I tried complaining about Mac fanboys, but it was too old. So I have to complain about idiots.
School technical administrators:
1) mmmm command prompt access
2) These idiots told me that you can get a virus from a .jpg file. This happened when I was talking to them about their Antivirus (they at least use NOD32 Smart Security...) They said that it was l33t, and that they needed to upgrade blah blah blah, and we got into a sort-of argument. I just told them all they needed to do was block .exe, .vbs, .reg, and .zip files, but thheeeey said you could get a virus from .jpg files. Isn't that like... universally safe? Doesn't windows TELL YOU when a file is potentially unsafe with a warning?
3) TURN OFF YOUR GODDAMN COMPUTERS WHEN YOU LEAVE THEM
4) When you search my history, at least remember that I can delete it.
5) mmmmm command.com
5.2)mmm batch programs
6) Don't let students trick you in to logging in to your account when your password is three letters long and you type slow.
7) Realize that when you are logged in, the students have access to the task manager, and can do some extremely fun things like... turn off the antivirus?
8) Every time they open up their mouths stupidity comes forth.
well... I left for popcorn and came back... My momentum has subsided. I am going to post this now instead of deleting it. Seriously though... How did these guys get the job?
Signatures are nothing but incriminating.
A deleted history doesn't necessarily mean it's gone and it's less stressful to a system to simply leave it on all the time so maybe you mean log off. My schools techs are very proficient we have a wing of Computer Science A & B Students who would love to screw up the entire system.