Need Help: Getting Meta Description, Keywords and URL
Any suggestions on how can I start on these simple search utility.
Project: Search Utility (specifically video sharing scripts like phpmotion)
1. Search for different video sharing script name
2. Take the url, meta keywords and description and store it in a table.
3. Check the url's by google pr to see which is better to have links exchange.
4. Search should not be too fast to prevent being shut by google.
1. Topics I should read on how to capture meta description and keywords from a web page.
2. How will I determine a web site that its a video sharing script site among from the others.
Just a little guidance and thought is greatly appreciated.
Something to be aware of, but officially you're not allowed to trawl Google's results. I have done myself, and you can do, but any system that draws attention to the fact you're crawling Google, and they will ban the IP address.
Bing, on the other hand, offer an API, and so do Yahoo, so if you're not too fussed about the search engine, then you can use either of those two, and avoid Google. Google actually prompt you with a Captcha if you hammer their server.
The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wildhoney For This Useful Post:
What you cannot do
> Use API results for search engine optimization (SEO). In particular, using the API for rank checks is
> Display advertisements in positions other than the mainline and sidebar.
> Change the order of the results the API returns from a SourceType other than the Web SourceType.