I am working on a small erp like application (based on PHP/MySQL). I need to implement RBAC system in the application.
What I need ...
1) The application needs to have users with around 5 different roles. Super Admin, National admin(diff. national admins for diff. countries), Zonal Admin, Sub-Zonal Admin, user.
2) The Super Admin can access and control everything.
3) A National admin can see users and access details that are local to his/her country, a zonal admin can see users and functions only under his/her zone and so on.
4) I also need to show different menus for different user roles.
What I thought might work....
1) One table will store user details, one will store role details, one will store location access details. We have to map these 3 tables to get the exact access level of the particular user. I really have no idea how to go about this.
2) For the menu, I will create 5 different menus for 5 different users and then show the particular menu depending on his role. Is this a good way to go about this ?
I am completely lost and confused. All my efforts so far have been fruitless.