10 PHP Myths Dispelled
View Single Post
01-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Well, I'd have something to say...
1. PHP 5 is very close to it (although I don't know much about C++/Java way of "object oriented", but I suppose there's not a big difference from what I've seen).
2. every programming language "encourages sloppy code". That depends and differs from one programmer to another.
4. I would say a 10.000 line PHP application runs much more faster (that is parsed, compiled and ran) than an equally long C++ application is compiled (only compiled, not ran).
5. Perhaps Eclipse and Zend are just common text editors, then, and XDebug is their child.
6. not always true. an object-oriented php application doesn't look at all like a procedural php application.
8. that I agree with. But then again, that's what it was created for.
9. check (2)
10. no, it is not, if you think a bit (just a bit) before writing an application.
Probably the one who wrote this article has something against PHP or hasn't worked with it, otherwise I can't explain why COMMON programming issues are presented here.
I have optimistic thoughts, even though sometimes (if not always) life's a bitch.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to xenon
Visit xenon's homepage!
Find More Posts by xenon