View Single Post
04-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Join Date: Apr 2005
hmph... i knew someone would chew me out for that post >.<
Ok, let me put it like this... a bit more understandable.
- php.net = MEGA Archieve Refrence for php
- - Unfriendly for 'newbies' that do not know what a certain thing is (try explaining OOP to a newbie or sessions ;)) and to slow for advanced users (i will touch up on this later).
- - I myself did not know that you could goto php.net/functions name until 10mins before coming onto this site and seeing your post
- - In PHP.NET you go one function / process / whatever at a time
- - - Doing this is a slow process and furthermore if you dont know specificaly what you want, it can take a 'while' to find what you need.
- - - - please remember : I just learned php within 3 days, if they have a cheat sheet then please tell me ;)
- Cheat List = Quick refrence sheet, possibly divided into sections
- - If your a newbie, you should NEVER look at a cheat sheet first (they earned a headache if they do)
- - Very quick and easy to use for vetran coders.
- - Easy to find a function / learn a function if you dont know what your looking for but have a general idea (i will demonstrate)
soundex | split | spliti | sprintf | sql_regcase | sscanf | stat | str_pad | str_repeat | str_replace | strcasecmp | strchr | strcmp | strcoll | strcspn | strftime | stripcslashes | stripslashes | strip_tags | stristr | strlen | strnatcasecmp | strnatcmp | strncmp | strpos | strrchr | strrev | strpos | strspn | strstr | strtok | strtolower | strtotime | strtoupper | strtr | strval | substr | substr_count | substr_replace | symlink | syslog | system
- Those are all functions that relate to strings on varying degree's. The list is a list I pulled from a apendix in 'Programming PHP (O'REILLY)' under the S section for PHP functions.
- The structure used is by NO means what I intend it to be. Sure you can have a nice Strings section that lists which string functions are in the cheat sheet and they link to the syntax and whatnot.
- Obviously you can easily look at that list and pick out over a dozen functions that are rarley used and when they are used, the programmer usually knows exactly what he wants.
- - This allows us to narrow down the 'Cheat Sheet' tremendously by including the main common functions and possibly not so common but very usefull / powerfull.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to crash
Find More Posts by crash