New Search engine, check out my new site !
View Single Post
12-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Join Date: May 2009
1) If I didn't know that this was a search engine I would have a hard time figuring out what I'm to do. Maybe some text describing what the site is would help (you have the space on the page)
2) When I search for
the bottom has what looks to be
a detailed description
of what news is. If I'm searching I'm not going to read that, I want short concise statements. Maybe three sentences, any more and I just skip it.
3) Clicking on the images and having them expand is nice, my only complaint is that I should be able to click anywhere (off image) and have it minimize back.
4) The gallery on the home page is nice, you could introduce another line of videos that are playable.
5) API, if you want your site to take off I would strongly suggest an API. There will be some developers out there who want something like this and you can fill that void.
6) You're missing a
, it's just a minor annoyance.
bottom of your page
8) This is just a personal issue, but you're missing a lot of quotes around attributes and values. It could (but shouldn't) cause issues.
9) You really should have alt attributes on your image tags, once links to direct searches (?title=ferrari) are posted you will want search engines to know what the images are. (It gives the image hosters more credit, and it makes your site look more professional/reliable/accurate.
10) Your server
. Telling anyone what PHP/Apache version you're running can give them free info that they can better attack you with. (Say there is a flaw in a version of PHP, they could see that you're on that flawed version and then exploit it to insert data.)
8/10 -- It's a really nice site, I think that you know what you're doing and it could go pretty far.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to adamdecaf
Visit adamdecaf's homepage!
Find More Posts by adamdecaf