New PHP Framework
View Single Post
06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Hey guys. How's it been going? There were some guys here who said would use the platform for they're next projects and see how it goes :) So? How did it go? :D
I've been working on coding the final release of the platform these weeks. I think it looks great, at a glance. Here's what's to be expected from the final release:
- a redesigned, better core engine - Application changed to System and the filesystem structure was redesigned, perfectly separating the programmer's configs from the system core (no longer direct edit Controller.php)
- introducing modules with separate init files (subsystems I call them), and separate controllers
- developer's features and template enhancements:
- profilers (sql profiler, code speed profilers - kind of breakpoints for measuring the speed of the script in the delimited portion)
- fully driven exception system (which also haves a profiler for showing the exceptions collected during the life of the module, along with expanded information about the file and line called which method, and with what parameters, including the actual values you sent to that specific method); you will be able to enable all profilers or none through a custom request (perhaps appending a get parameter, like a secret key - so you can trigger it both when you're developing, enabling the 'development' stage in defs.php, and check also for your IP - more support with Utils::isDeveloper())
- less constants, more methods for fetching various data - like methods for getting the css url using the Links helper, or such
- much more simple core controller blueprint - enhancing the performance of the script
- possibly object triggers
I'm planning on releasing this final version in about 2 months from now, so I can finish the new docs and make the changes to the website.
Please tell me what you think. Thanks.
I have optimistic thoughts, even though sometimes (if not always) life's a bitch.
Last edited by xenon : 06-30-2009 at
View Public Profile
Send a private message to xenon
Visit xenon's homepage!
Find More Posts by xenon