10 PHP Myths Dispelled
View Single Post
06-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Join Date: Nov 2007
1. PHP is not a truly Object-Oriented Language
2. PHP Encourages Sloppy Code
4. PHP is slow because it’s interpreted
6. PHP apps all look the same
7. PHP isn’t really for “serious” developers
8. PHP is only good for web applications
9. PHP code is a mess of “include” and “require” statements that break easily
10. PHP Code is rife with in-line SQL statements
1. No its not an OO language. Buts thats why I like it. Its easy to use objects, but I don't always have to.
2. So true, have you read other peoples code? complete shit. People are taught the wrong way to program php and thus there are a ton of crap tutorials and projects all over the place.
4. Ye but its negligible for most all projects.
5. Sometimes the truth hurts.
7. What do they use then? Ruby.. lol right...
8. What? Simple sites.. really does it matter what language?
9. In some projects yes. But in others no.
10. Mainly up to the developer. I could write an ASP.NET site, Coldfusion or whatever language with as many inline sql statements, and it would be common place.
iSearchNotes.com - Share College Student Notes
View Public Profile
Send a private message to CoryMathews
Visit CoryMathews's homepage!
Find More Posts by CoryMathews