View Single Post
08-23-2008, 12:04 AM
is cute and cuddly
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vegas, Baby
I was actually relying on people changing LIB_PATH to reflect their document root, as per the installation instructions - $_SERVER was used as a placeholder since it would work effectively on at least half (I was hoping) of the installations. However this method seems to have confused most of the people downloading the project so when the next version comes out you will see a dramatic change in the way things are initialized. I've taken into account all the feedback I've received from the first two betas, along with some new techniques I've learned along the way to make this process a lot more streamlined, hopefully.
I'm trying desperately to make sure the documentation, installation and administration of the new release are as verbose and intuitive as possible, which has slowed me down considerably. That and life... I also went in and dramatically reconstructed the whole database schema to optimize the system and include a much more effective access control system - slow going again as I was writing the upgrade installation process at the same time so as to not piss off anybody who was using an earlier beta.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to delayedinsanity
Visit delayedinsanity's homepage!
Find More Posts by delayedinsanity